Hello Friends of Ithaca Festival!
As you may know, the Ithaca Festival had a tough year but through grit and determination, our team was able to turn things around and come out the other side with festival plans that we think you are going to love! Our community really stepped up and showed us some love with an outpouring of support. We also could not have have done this without the support of our sponsors. Each of these businesses has gone above and beyond to make sure that our festival will not only survive, but thrive in 2019 and beyond. A huge Ithaca Festival to the Greater Syracuse Area Honda Dealers, City Center, WITH Radio 90.1 and Tompkins Trust Company! We couldn’t have done it without you!
2019 Festival Artist Announced
We are excited to announce that the 2019 Ithaca Festival artist is Eli Ford!
Born and raised in Newfield, Eli is an aspiring illustrator, currently going to college for a Bachelors in Fine Arts and en route to a Masters in Illustration.
Ithaca is where he spends time in summer and winter having laughs with friends and enjoying the local commodities. He is honored to return the favor to all the hospitality Ithaca has provided him with an illustration that represents the ‘gorges’ city itself.
Serendipitously, Eli interns at Foundry Makerspace in Harrisburg PA. One of his projects was to create a S.T.E.A.M. story! He implemented ideas and visual research from that internship and applied them to this piece along with the kind hearted nature of Ithaca to create this beautiful illustration!
Keep an eye out for his artwork on the official Ithaca Festival buttons, t-shirts, programs and more!
Make Live Art at the Ithaca Festival
LIVE ART is happening at this year’s Ithaca Festival! Be a part of the fun. We are looking for artists to create same-day works and performance artists. Artists of all ages are welcome to apply. Please submit 2 images/videos of your work, a short bio and short artist statement to firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday, April 22nd 2019 for your work to be considered. Read below for more information on how you can apply.
DO NOT CONFUSE THIS WITH THE CALL FOR ARTISTS THAT WENT OUT LAST WEEK FOR THE POP-UP EXHIBIT AT THE FESTIVAL.
ENTRY DEADLINE Monday, April 22nd
NOTIFICATIONS SENT Friday, April 26th
- Artists must submit 2-3 images in JPEG format along with a short bio and 2-3 sentences about your process.
- All submissions must be made online to Allison DeDominick at email@example.com.
- Include “IF Live Art” in the Subject Box.
- Attach images directly to the email, do not send links as a way to view works.
- Images must be HIGH QUALITY JPEG format between 1MB – 2MB, 300DPI, 1,500 pixels wide.
- Title images “ARTIST LAST NAME_FIRST NAME_TITLE_MEDIUM”
- Images must be in full color (no gray scale please).
- Please do not send any detail or installation shots.
- If you are asked to participate, artists must be set up and ready to create by 11am. A drop off area will be provided for unloading but vehicles must be immediately moved before setting up your space. Once your location is determined we will direct you to the best drop off spot. Locations will be on the 200 block of Cayuga Street and at various stages around the festival.
- All artists are required to stay set up at the Festival until your end time (TBD). Artists on the 200 block of Cayuga will be required to stay setup between the start and end times of the festival. Artists who will be painting on the stages your production times will be during live music performances.
- The Ithaca Festival will provide a 10×10 space. Artists are responsible for properly devising the display of their art within their space and for its security. Tents will NOT be provided. Having a pop-up tent is not required but recommended incase of rain.
- Artists are responsible for their own materials and equipment/tools (paint, easel, etc.).
- Please bring plastic/tarp to protect the ground.
- If you intend to sell your work on site you are responsible for your own sales.
- Please direct all questions to Allison DeDominick firstname.lastname@example.org
LAWNCH Party at Ithaca Beer
Launching the Ithaca Festival program and schedule!
Join us May 3rd from 5-9pm as Ithaca Beer kicks off their summer with live music in the Beer Garden all while helping support the Ithaca Festival. They will have a special batch of beer just for the occasion, and $1 from each pint of Festival Beer will go directly to support the Ithaca Festival.
Live Music from:
Pierce Walsh: Singer-Songwriter
Pinebox: Old Time Music
Kitestring: Original CNY Rock
Facebook Event Invite
We are working hard to bring you another fantastic festival. Feel free to reach out to us at ithacafestival@
Warmest regards to you all!
The Ithaca Festival Board
Get updates on the festival in your inbox!
With gratitude to all the festivals who have pitched in, we present the new “Ithaca is Festivals” limited-edition, locally screen-printed T-shirt.
T-shirts are Ithaca pickup only – you can get yours at the upcoming public meeting.